All foster parents must reside in Duval, Clay, St. Johns, or Nassau county.
Yes. You must agree to the following:
- Must live in a single family house. If renting, must obtain prior permission from landlord
to foster a dog
- Must have a fully fenced-in backyard. The fence must be a minimum of four (4) feet in
- No children under 8
- No more than 2 other pets
- Must take the fostered dog on daily walks
- Cannot leave children or other pets alone with the fostered dog.
- Cannot leave the fostered dog alone in the yard or off leash.
- Cannot allow the fostered dog to be approached by people or other animals until you are
confident that it is not aggressive or fearful of others.
- Must provide transport for any necessary medical care designated by a G.R.E.A.T.
- Must take the fostered dog to scheduled medical appointments (funded by G.R.E.A.T.) at
the rescue’s designated veterinary hospital.
- The fostered dog must wear a collar and identification tag at all times.
- The fostered dog can be seen by a G.R.E.A.T. representative at any time, and you must
acknowledge G.R.E.A.T. has the right to reclaim the fostered dog at any time, for any
- Fostered dogs are the property of G.R.E.A.T. RESCUE OF NE FLORIDA, INC. and
cannot be sold, given away, exchanged, placed, or adopted without prior consent from